NB. Registration on Eventbrite will only be accepted on submission of lil.tcd.ie completion certificate emailed to email@example.com . Places are limited to 15 and are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis
Cancellation Fee: There is no cost for staff attending this course but you will be asked for a departmental cost code on booking. Your department will be liable for a charge of €75 for 4 working days' cancellation notice and €150 for 48 hours' notice or non-attendance without prior cancellation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supervisory Management Skills
28th and 29th May 2020
Front line supervision is critical in ensuring “operational business goals” are achieved. Those who supervise in this essential area’s need to be able to balance business requirements with the interpersonal skills required to meet the needs of those who work in these areas. Getting the balance right is the hard part. Our program will help focus and develop the skills required to be an effective supervisor of people which ensures the business goals are achieved through teams and individuals in a way that engenders trust, respect, ownership and a positive work environment. This program will facilitate a process of self-understanding, learning and practise, in the core skills which develop true supervisory skill and practise.
Who Should Attend?
Supervisors at different levels of development, be it new to a supervisory role or those wishing to develop their skills further.
- Gain an increased understanding and experience of those skills needed to supervise/manage effectively
- Gain an appreciation of what motivates and engages employees and how to apply this with individuals and teams in the workplace
- Explore, understand and experience how we interact with others and how this can affect our effectiveness as a supervisor
- Understand and practice key communication skills needed to interact effectively with employees and others
- Understand and apply a process for managing employee performance and dealing with non-compliance
- Understand when and how to escalate employee underperformance and issues in a timely, consistent and efficient way.
- Consider different challenging situations/ people and put into practice a methodology for confidently managing ourselves to achieve win- win solutions
- Understand key aspects of employment legislation and internal company policy and how these should be applied to different employees and issues as they arise
- Skills practise of all theories and models introduced in a safe environment.
What will I learn?
Participants achieve the following learning outcomes from the programme:
- Have increased awareness of the role and requirements of a supervisor within business
- Know how to positively motivate and engage their employees and teams in the achievement of company goals and targets
- Know how to effectively and consistently communicate in a manner which engenders clear employee understanding of their role and fosters positive relationships
- Understand and apply employment legislation and internal policy in a consistent manner as it applies to the situation and circumstances.
- Know when and how to escalate issues to the relevant person/department for further support in a timely manner.
Delegates will receive a very comprehensive course manual.