NB. Registration on Eventbrite will only be accepted on submission of lil.tcd.ie completion certificate emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org . Places are limited to 15 and are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis
Pre-course work: Click the link to complete online Lynda.tcd.ie pre-course work: Leading Yourself
Cancellation Fee: There is no cost for staff attending this course but you will be asked for a departmental cost code on booking. Your department will be liable for a charge of €75 for 4 working days' cancellation notice and €150 for 48 hours' notice or non-attendance without prior cancellation by email to email@example.com.
22nd and 23rd October 2019
Research tells us that one of the main reasons why employees leave organisations is because of the style of management/leadership they experience. To be an effective manager/ leader in today’s organisations requires more than the cognitive skills needed to plan, organise and execute.
A successful manager/leader must firstly know themselves and then develop a leadership style which is true to who they are, but also motivates and enables success in those around them. Our program will facilitate a process of self-understanding, learning and practise in the core skills which develop true management skills.
Who Should Attend?
Managers/Leaders at different levels of development be it new to a role or those wishing to develop their skills further.
- Managing myself, critical leader competencies and my leadership style
- What is the function of the manager/leader in attaining organisational goals and positively addressing key business issues?
- Different leadership styles and how to use each appropriately for different employees and situations
- Business leadership, effective interpersonal skills and discussion planning.
- Performance management, coaching and motivational factors for employees, Planning and reviewing employee progress.
- Coaching employees for success and helping to facilitate learning with my employees.
- My communication style and why this is important in the Business Setting.
- Key Points on communicating effectively and carrying out effective, concise business meetings.
- Individual, group and team dynamics and conflict management.
- How to manage time effectively and prioritise
- Skills practise of all theories and models introduced in a safe environment.
What will I learn?
Participants achieve the following learning outcomes from the programme:
- Understand critical business issues and effective leadership competencies, which enable individual, team and organisational goal attainment
- Motivate others to take appropriate actions and achieve desired business results
- Recognise and follow through opportunities to develop and coach employees.
- Understand and develop the skills required towards communicating effectively. Be able to give and receive feedback effectively to peers and subordinates.
- Manage their time and individual and group business interactions
- Increase the effectiveness of your day to day leadership interactions
Delegates will receive a very comprehensive course manual.