Getting the most out of Lynda.com
- Set aside time every week for online training
- Visit regularly to find out about new and updated courses
- Watch the welcome video of a course to check out its training content
- Use bookmarks to indicate favourite videos or courses
- Create and share or assign course playlists
- Download exercise files and practice applying knowledge as you go
Create a Learning Habit
Tips on how to create a learning habit:
- As with any habit - it takes time to build it - keep your expectations realistic.
- Plan ahead - create a 21 day Learning Calendar. Use the day before starting your 21-day Learning calendar to plan and choose learning topics of interest
- Schedule learning time that works for your schedule.
- Do you commute to work? Could it be an idea to build in learning time during your bus or train journey?
- Take time to reflect on your learning and tweak anything that does not work for your schedule.
- Find a topic or skill that you are really interested in learning more about. Plan it into a learning schedule.
- Stick with it - even if you just learn for 5-10 minutes each day, you are making progress.