Information for Project Organisers
Congratulations on your successful application to the Equality Fund, and all the best with your project!
You can get started as soon as you have signed your Equality Fund Acceptance Letter at the projects debrief meeting. Please don't hesitate to contact the Equality Office throughout the year about any issues that may arise with your project. The Equality Office is always happy to help you with
- arranging reimbursements of your project expenses
- publicising your project on Equality Office social media channels
- general advice and guidance on your project
You (and your team) are responsible for
- monitoring your project's budget and requesting reimbursements from the Equality Office
- implementing your project (e.g. booking rooms, contacting stakeholders, getting quotes from suppliers)
- ensuring that your project is completed in accordance with the Equality Fund Terms and Conditions below:
Terms and Conditions
- Your project must be completed by 30th June 2021, unless otherwise agreed
- Payments will not be processed after 30th September 2021 - no exceptions
- Your project must be implemented as described in the application form - please notify the Equality Office straight away of any changes
- Your project must comply with university policies.
- Any expenditure on catering / refreshments must not exceed the limit pre-agreed with the Equality Fund Subcommittee
- You must complete a mid-way progress report and a Feedback Form once your project is completed
- You must share any publicity material relating to your project with the Equality Office, for future promotion of the Fund
- You must take part in the Equality Fund Showcase (October 2021)
- All proposed events must be approved by the Junior Dean - please see events application form and checklist here.
- You should also use the Event Accessibility Checker to ensure your event is as accessible as possible.
- Further event management guidelines can be found on the Communications Office website; this is particularly useful for events which are large, formal and/or involve high-profile guests.
- It is recommended that you begin your preparations as early as possible, to allow for any issues arising to be resolved in plenty of time before the event.
- Every project should have a strategy for communicating their activities and achievements to their target audience, making use of a range of media
- You are encouraged to tag the Equality Office in any social media posts about your event, or send links to email@example.com for sharing from the Equality Office Facebook and Twitter
- Please use the "general use" Trinity logo in any visual materials (such as Powerpoint presentations, posters, publications etc) - this is available from the Equality Office on request
- Please acknowledge the support of the Trinity Equality Fund in any visual materials or speeches
- Please place the Equality Office pull-up banner sign in a prominent position at any events - you can borrow the sign from the Equality Office
Claiming your Funding
All project-related financial transactions must be completed by 30th September 2021. Requests for reimbursement made after this date cannot be fulfilled.
Students and staff can make project purchases with their personal money, and apply for reimbursement (see below). It is essential that you keep all receipts.
Alternatively, the Equality Office can place orders for you. Please bear in mind that only approved College suppliers can be used for such orders. Just ask the supplier for a quote and pass the quote on to the Equality Office.
College Catering and other internal suppliers may request a charge code, which you can get from the Equality Office.
Please note that neither students nor staff can be reimbursed for mileage / travel to College or subsistence.
Students should fill in the yellow boxes on the non-staff payments requisition form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with any digital receipts (e.g. for plane tickets); then make an appointment to bring any hard copy receipts to the Equality Office in person.
Staff (including postgraduate students with a staff number) should contact the Equality Office to get set up to claim from the Equality Fund on iExpenses.
When you are set up, please follow these guidelines for claiming from the Equality Fund on iExpenses.
Paying Individuals (Casual Payroll)
- Speak to the Equality Office before arranging payment to an individual
- If you are paying someone via the casual payroll, be sure to factor employers' PRSI (10.75% of the total pay) and holiday pay (8% of the total pay) into your budget. This Casual Payroll Calculator will make the sums easier!
- Ask the payee to complete the Casual Payroll Set-up Form and return it to the Equality Office along with their first claim form. The first time they complete a Casual Payroll Claim Form, they should complete Sections A, B and C. They only need to complete Sections B and C for any future claims
- Ask the payee to sign each claim form and bring/send it to the Equality Office by the 1st of the month after the month in which the work was performed. Do not send claim forms directly to the Payroll department as a member from the Equality Office's signature is required to authorise payment
- Please note that casual payments are made monthly, at the end of the month - see the Casual Payroll Dates and Deadlines for further details