The Equality Office’s aim is to promote equality for Trinity staff, students and service users, in all areas of university life, with particular regard to the protected grounds in equality legislation.
The Equality Officer...
- advises the Equality Committee and Board on compliance with equality legislation
- assists in the development of university policies and practices from an equality perspective
- raises awareness of equality matters through training, communications, and events
- provides information to students, staff and members of the public on Trinity's equality policies and practices
- compiles reports on equality and diversity in Trinity
- is secretary to the Equality Committee and its subcommittees
- represents Trinity on external bodies such as the Irish Universities' Association Equality Network
- implements various equality projects in Trinity, including the Equality Fund and the Equality Champions Awards for Clubs and Societies
The Equality Officer does not give legal advice, but is happy to provide general information and guidance in response to staff and student queries.
Please note that the role of Equality Officer is currently vacant, but Ms Emer McLysaght is providing administrative support to the Equality function during the vacancy.contact the Equality Officer