Where are the Assistive Technology (AT) area's in Trinity?
Trinity has invested in a number of modern assistive technology resource rooms called 'Assistive Technology Information Centres', or ATIC for short. There are two ATIC areas on campus and a smaller area in St.James hospital campus.
To access the ATIC room and resources you must complete your application for reasonable accommodation with the Disability Service upon which the student will gain automatic access to this area.
ATIC Room - Code of Conduct
The below set of regulations are to ensure the resources provided in these areas are available to students who have applied for reasonable accommodation with the DS service only:
- You must not leave the desk you are working on unattended over lunch periods.
- Food and drink is completely prohibited for use in the ATIC & Library areas.
- Students are forbidden to login friends or classmates who have not applied for reasonable accommodation with the DS service onto any ATIC area machine.
- Please respect other students working in the area and report any misuse of property to the University A.T officer at the below details.
- If there is an issue with the printing facilities in the ATIC area please alert the library staff to call the onsite printing engineer to remedy.
- If there is an issue with any of the ATIC computers failing please contact Trinity AT officer at the below details.
- If you are unable to login to the ATIC machines & have already completed your application with the D.S service please contact the A.T officer at the below details.
- Do not unplug any appliance for use as a personal power source.
A failure to apply any of the above rules may lead to a removal of privileges for use of the ATIC area.
If you have any queries or problems using the equipment provided please contact the Trinity College assistive Technology (A.T) officer at:Mail at firstname.lastname@example.org