TextHelp Read & Write
TextHelp Read and Write is a software package that provides a floating toolbar to support writing and literacy skills for students with dyslexia and other literacy difficulties.
It contains all the features including:
- Speech feedback,
- Word prediction,
- Phonetic spell checker,
- Talking dictionary and talking calculator.
- Convert scanned paper documents into word files that can be read aloud and edited
- Capture text or images (with their sources) from any application including the Internet.
- Convert text into audio files for use on portable audio devices such as MP3 players or some mobile phones.
- PDF Aloud, which facilitates speech with highlighting in PDF files.
How to get access to the software:
This software is available for students registered with the Disability Service. Just follow the video instructions below, if you have any issues or queries please contact Andrew Costello at email@example.com .
- Visit: https://text.help/gethome in your browser:
- Scroll down till you see
- Click on Try Read&Write today.
- Now select your platform and click Install:
- For Windows, select - a file will download.
Once you have launched Read&Write
- On the top right-hand side of the screen, click the ‘person’ icon
- Click Sign in > Show more
- Use the google sign-in option and type in your TCD username and password to activate the software.