Strand 3: Universal Design for Learning (UDL) Inclusive module development
Strand Lead: Des Aston
Strand Aim: Work with Trinity courses and Schools to develop inclusive module engagement at level 5. This will open a broad range of possibilities for ID students who may pursue their interests in a wide range of interesting and challenging programmes.
- Identify study areas of interest to ID students and explore opportunities for synergies with UG modules at level 5.
- Develop modules for ID students outside of the TCPID programme in a select number of Trinity undergraduate programmes at level 5 incorporating inclusive teaching, learning and assessment for ID students.
- Provide seed funding for potential modules to allow them to develop UDL based inclusive learning.
- Work with Trinity Inclusive Champions and other academic stakeholders to identify modules, work on issues emerging from working at level 5 and explore possibilities of integrating ID students on level 8 UG programmes.
- Academic leadership will be demonstrated.
- ID Students will be provided with subject choices in their interest areas.
- Integration of ID students in Trinity modules.
- Accessible UDL templates and supports will be available to academics.
Provides a model for other HEIs to provide similar courses.