1916 Leaders and Learners Bursary
The Leinster Pillar 1 Cluster of Higher Education Institutions is delighted to invite applications for the 1916 ‘Leaders and Learners’ Bursary 2019 -2020
Funded by the Department of Education and Skills for eligible students in the following Higher Education Institutions – Institute of Art, Design and Technology, Dun Laoghaire (IADT); National College of Art and Design (NCAD); Marino Institute of Education (MIE); Trinity College Dublin (TCD); and University College Dublin (UCD).
The bursary aims to provide support for economically disadvantaged students from groups traditionally underrepresented in higher education, including:
- Socio-economic groups that have low participation in higher education (i.e. demonstrated by either highest level of SUSI or DSP means tested Social Welfare payment)
- First Time Mature Students
- Students with a disability, particularly students with a physical/mobility impairment or students with a sensory disability, students who are deaf/hard of hearing and blind/visually impaired students.
- Irish Travellers
- Entering on the basis of a further education award
- Lone parents with a DSP means tested Social Welfare payment
- Ethnic minorities (including programme refugees and persons from other ethnic minority groups lawfully present in the State who meet the definition of student in section 14 of the Student Support Act 2011 and regulation 5 of the Student Support Regulations 2017. S.I No. 126 of 2017.
In 2019–2020, 40 bursaries of €5,000 per annum for the duration of a student’s undergraduate degree are available across the cluster. (8 per institution).
Only incoming Junior Fresh will be eligible in 19/20.
Applications for 19/20 must be received no later than Wednesday 31st July 2019 by 5pm.
Apply by clicking on this link here - All applications must be completed online.