The Managing People and Change short course comprises the following three inter-related subject areas:
- Management and organisational behaviour (MOB)
- Human resource management (HRM)
- Organisation Development (OD)
Throughout the short course there is a strong focus on creating a learning environment that enables students to:
- explore and analyse best practice models, theories and approaches for each of the three subject areas
- reflect on, apply and assess best practice in the context of their own organisation and experience
- develop the knowledge and skills they need to lead and manage people, teams and change in health care settings.
On successful completion of the short course students should be able to:
- Apply theories of organisational behaviour, at organisational, group/team and individual level;
- Explain key HRM theories, approaches and activities, and apply them to organisational settings;
- Apply theories of organisation development and change to their organisational setting;
- Make use of best practice in managing people in healthcare organisations and systems.
Please note that this short course is the equivalent of 5 ECTS and runs as part of the MSc in Health Policy and Management.
Date, Time, and Place
This short course is delivered over a six-week period (5/6 hour blocks per week on a Tuesday or Thursday) through a combination of live on-campus sessions, live on-line sessions and curated content. The course will commences annually late November. The course will run first over three consecutive weeks from late November, with a second set if consecutive weeks scheduled from early February.
For more information, email: MScHPM@tcd.ie
€2,165 (excluding application fee).
Applicants should hold an upper second-class (2.1) honours degree in a relevant health or sciences discipline or hold other qualifications deemed appropriate by the course committee. Applicants with good health policy, systems or service management experience will also be considered. The application period closes in late October in advance of the course commencing.
Interested applicants should contact the Centre of Health Policy and Management:
Get in Touch
Telephone Number+353 (0)1 896 5021