This micro-credentials module aims to equip nurses/midwives with the necessary knowledge, skills, attitudes and competencies to refer persons for radiological and other imaging procedures safely and within the practitioner's scope of practice.
The course is taught using a blended learning approach- 3 days in person, and 2 days online and offers a learning experience that is both structured and flexible. Clinical mentorship supports the development of competency in practice, and assessment for the module.
Number of PlacesMax 30 students Places
Dr Mary Hughes
Dr Mary Hughes
31st July 2022
• Minimum of one year’s professional registration with Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland and experience
• Currently work in an area where nurse/midwife authority to refer for radiological procedures is supported
• Honours degree in a relevant discipline (however, relevant experience will also be taken into account which must include- Evidence of completion of Physical Health assessment module previously and/or of previous hospital/locally provided in-house education related to the practice of referring for radiological procedures accompanied by practice for minimum of 3 years)
• Satisfy the selection panel
Students must submit application form in addition to Site Declaration form and Site Audit form as directed on local web form
Evidence of completion of Physical Health Assessment module previously and/or of clinical support for their enrolment in the module and evidence of previous hospital/locally provided in-house education related to and practice of referring for radiological procedures for minimum 3 years.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING
1. Submit your personal details on the application form
2. Log in to the my.tcd.ie portal with your (new) logon credentials
3. Upload documents as required by the School for the module including, also a copy of your Curriculum Vitae
Get in Touch