BU2510 Organisational Behaviour
(5 ECTS credits)
This module focuses on the behaviour of individuals and groups in organisations. We will review core theories and contributions from the fields of management and organisational behaviour that provide a framework and tools for understanding and analysing issues relevant to individual and group behaviour in organisational contexts. Throughout the module, we will adopt, discuss and critique different perspectives to fully explore their potential contributions. The module is highly interactive and requires good preparation and active engagement with the module's content and process to achieve the learning goals.
On successful completion of this module you should be able to:
- Define and describe the field of organisational behaviour.
- Identify skills and tools useful for analysing issues of concern to business and not-for-profit organisations.
- Apply management and OB knowledge to issues relevant to business organisations and practicing managers.
- Communicate your analyses, conclusions and recommendations in a professional manner.
- Identify, critically analyse, assess and deal with the managerial and organisational implications of OB issues at the individual, interpersonal/group, and organisational levels of analysis.
Lectures &Tutorials/Contact hours:
Two lecture hours per week and several one hour tutorials during Michaelmas Term.
Recommended Texts/Key Reading:
Core textbook (see below) and selected other readings.
Martin, J., & Fellenz, M.R. (2017). Organizational Behaviour and Management (5th edition). London: Cengage.
Assessment and Examination:
1 Term Test - 30%.
1.5 hr end of year examination - 70%.
Dates for Submission:
No assignments for submission. A comprehensive term test will be scheduled during Michaelmas term. Students missing the term test without a valid medical certificate will receive a grade of 0 for the test.
Penalties for Late Submission:
Students unable to submit a term assignment for medical reasons must produce a medical certificate to the School of Business Studies office within three working days of the missed submission date. Certificates received after that time will not be accepted.