This course equips learners with the capacity to identify and exploit opportunities for nature-based solutions. The demand for positive climate action has become a key driver of today’s business landscape. From an entrepreneurship perspective, this represents an opportunity for nature-based enterprises and solutions. This module is for individuals and organizations seeking to cultivate the mindset of a nature-based entrepreneur for the long-term transformation of individuals, societies, and the economy.
Executive Education at Trinity Business School is delighted to be working with Skillnet Ireland on this programme and is offering a 30% subsidy to participants from qualifying companies. To find out full details and eligibility requirements please contact Jane.firstname.lastname@example.org
March, April & May 2024
|6pm - 8pm
|7, 14, 21 March, 4, 11, 18, 25 April & 2 May 2024
|Certificate for Completion Route (CC) €1,850
Micro – Credential Route (MC) €1,890 (30% Skillnet subsidy available for eligible applicants, reducing fees to €1,323)
|MC Application Deadline
|23rd February 2024
What does the programme offer you?
The programme allows participants to:
- Identify opportunities for sustainable social and environmental impact via the establishment of Nature-based Enterprises
- Select from a range of options to design a business plan for the development and growth of a nature-based enterprise
- To address sustainability issues and measure the results during the process
- Describe and demonstrate awareness of the dynamics underlying the formation and growth of entrepreneurial ventures
- Perform effectively in a team context to communicate and present entrepreneurial concepts, plans and analyses
Who is this programme designed for?
- Social Entrepreneurs, managers and leaders of NGOs and Nature-based Enterprises
- CSR / Sustainability managers from large organisations who are looking to partner with Nature-based Enterprises as a part of their sustainability and climate action agenda.
- Those with an interest in entrepreneurship and in how to balance economic success with ecological and social well-being.
8 evenings online for 2 hours per session
Within the course, you will:
- Understand the fundamentals of entrepreneurship and strategy.
- Apply entrepreneurship and strategy to a project, with independent research, to identify opportunities for addressing social and environmental issues through the development of a Nature-based Enterprise.
- Acquire a practical framework for Corporate Affairs, CSR & Sustainability Managers in industry to collaborate with Nature-based Enterprises and social enterprises in order to deliver on ESG strategies.
Hear what past participants say:
The first three words that come to my mind after taking this course are - Engaging, enlightening, and empowering. This course has given me the confidence and knowledge to venture into the world of nature-based entrepreneurship. I'm excited for the future participants and the journeys they'll embark upon. I'm grateful for the experience and the knowledge I gained."
Rankeshwarnath Sanjay Mishr
"This course has great material, and the speakers have excellent content. The discussions are truly interesting, and the study cases help you understand a broader scope of the profession. Overall, the elements given by Entrepreneurship for Nature Based Enterprise enlightened me to think outside the box and helped me to find alternative sustainable solutions for urban forestry equity and equality.
I strongly recommend these learning opportunities as a valuable resource for any person who wants to learn more about how green and blue infrastructure helps us build better cities for future generations.”
Programme Director: Mary-Lee Rhodes
Programme Lead: Kisito Futonge Nzembayie
Contributor: Gemma Donnelly Cox
Why undertake the programme for credits?
Micro-credentials are short flexible modules that lead to accreditation in the form of ECTS. For further general information about micro-credentials please click here. There is a 30% Skillnet subsidy available for those who apply for the micro-credential credits. Contact email@example.com to find out more.