Managing Director at Amplify Trading
Amplify’s Head of Trading, Piers Curran, gained recognition as a Senior Trader for GHTC as one of the largest positional traders in the German bond market whilst also trading currencies, commodities and stock index futures. He began his career at HSBC in 2001 as an Analyst in the Global Markets Investment Strategy division having graduated from Imperial College London with a Masters in Mechanical Engineering. He has been a regular Guest Host on CNBC, the world’s leading financial news channel, for the last ten years where he shares his market analysis and strategies with other experts from the financial industry.
- Masters in Mechanical Engineering at Imperial College London 1997-2001
- CISI Certificate in Regulations, Securities & Investments & Derivatives 2002
RELEVANT PAST EMPLOYMENT
- 2009 – Current: Head of Trading and Managing Director at Amplify Trading, London.
- 2002 – 2009: Senior derivatives trader at GHTC, London
- 2001 – 2002: HSBC Global Markets Investment Strategy, London