Dr Mairead BradyAssociate Professor in Marketing
01 896 2705
Mairead Brady is Associate Professor of Marketing at Trinity Business School. She gained her PhD in Marketing and Technology from the University of Strathclyde working with Prof Mike Saren. Mairead is interested in how technology adoption and utilisation challenges managerial practices and is a leading researcher in how this should be managed. Mairead also has funded research with the IRC into Technology assimilation within the third level sector – an academic perspective.
Mairead takes a social media data and a marketing metrics approach, exploring the input of data and metrics into decision making at senior management and board level. She has a strong research interest in the adoption of technology within the third level sector from an academic staff perspective. Mairead´s current work is on technological interventions within the university arena and the role of formative feedback within a student engagement model.
She is co-author on one of the world leading textbooks working with Prof Philip Kotler. The title of the text is Marketing Management and it is in its third iteration. She has championed and developed an online marketing planning game that is used by universities across Europe but predominantly within the UK and Ireland. She is a member of the European Academy of Marketing, the Academy of Marketing (UK and Ireland) and The American Academy of Management. She is valued as a researcher and as a teacher having recently gained the Provost Teaching Award 2017.
- Marketing and technology adoption and utilisation – data, social media and metrics.
- Technology adoption with third level – digital game based learning, assessment for learning and general technology
1. Examining Consumers' Motivations to Engage in Firm-hosted Virtual Communities
Claffey E., and Brady, M., (2017) Examining Consumers' Motivations to Engage in Firm-hosted Virtual Communities, Psychology & Marketing, Volume 34, , (Issue 4), p356 – 375.
2. A Model of Consumer Engagement in a Virtual Customer Environment
Claffey E.& Brady, M. (2015). A Model of Consumer Engagement in a Virtual Customer Environment. Journal of Customer Behaviour . Winter Issue, 13(4), 325- 346.
3. Managing customer-centric information: The challenges of information and communication technology (ICT) deployment in service environments
Fellenz, M.R. & Brady, M. (2010). Managing customer-centric information: The challenges of information and communication technology (ICT) deployment in service environments. International Journal of Applied Logistics. 1(3), pg 88 – 105.
1. Moving Information: The role of IT
Brady, M (2017). In Saren, M, Marketing Graffiti 2nd Edition, Butterworth Heinemann, Oxford, pp 247-259.
2. Marketing Management (European Edition)
Kotler P., Keller K., Brady M., Goodman M., and Hansen T., (2016). Marketing Management (European Edition), 3rd Edition, Pearson, London.
- BU 7574 Marketing Management
- BU 3700 Contemporary Marketing Management
- BU 7210 Marketing Management