Professor in Business Studies
Dr Louis Brennan
01 896 1993
Louis Brennan is a Fellow of Trinity College and Professor in Business Studies at the Trinity Business School. His passion is around mediating and shaping the future. Louis has lived and worked in Asia, Australia, Europe and the USA.
Louis’ research interest relate to Global Business Systems encompassing Global Operations and Supply Chain Management, Technology Management, International Business and the Business of Space. He has over 200 refereed publications in those areas including 40 in ABS ranked journals and six books published by leading international publishers. In addition to publishing in his core areas of expertise, Louis has published in the fields of Economics, Geography, International Relations, Law and Political Science.
He has led a number of high level global initiatives including those related to the SKA project, Emerging Multinationals and the development of a global accreditation standard for programmes in Purchasing and Supply Management. Louis has organised and chaired dozens of international conferences and delivered invited keynote addresses at high level events around the world. He previously served as Director of the Institute for International Integration Studies.
Corporations must rethink capitalism to heal societys wounds
How Netflix Expanded to 190 Countries in 8 Years
How shareholder profits conquered capitalism – and how workers can win back its benefits for themselves
Humans will do things for which they are rewarded
Intel Leixlip hub key to development of tech sector in Ireland
Letters to the Financial Times
Above and Beyond: Exploring the Business of Space
CHOICE Book Award
Brexit could strain EU-China relations
Good or evil?: McDonalds and low cost airlines opened up eating out and travel to us all
New world order in space - why China stands out
Eurostat Seminar on Globalisation
Emerging Market Multinationals
Louis is a frequent contributor to the global discourse offering perspectives on many facets of globalisation including the emergence of China and its firms, global corporations, global value chains and foreign direct investment.
- Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management
- Technology Management
- International Business and
- The Business of Space
My research is focused on global business systems. This includes:
1. Attracting Chinese Foreign Direct Investment to Small, Developed Economies: The Case of Ireland
Brennan, L., Collison P., Morales, R M. (2017). Attracting Chinese Foreign Direct Investment to Small, Developed Economies: The Case of Ireland, Thunderbird International Business Review, Vol. 59, No.3, pp. 401-419, 2017.
2. Emerging-economy firms’ FDI motivations: the case of Indian pharmaceutical firms in Ireland
Brennan, L., R. Verma. (2017). Emerging-economy firms’ FDI motivations: the case of Indian pharmaceutical firms in Ireland. Journal for International Business and Entrepreneurship Development . Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 21-53, 2017
3. Editorial introduction to the China–EU Law Journal special issue on the EU–China Investment Treaty in Interdisciplinary Perspective
Brennan, L., Phelan, D.R. (2016). Editorial introduction to the China–EU Law Journal special issue on the EU–China Investment Treaty in Interdisciplinary Perspective. China-EU Law Journal. 5(1), pp. 1-3, 2016.
1. International Manufacturing Strategy in a Time of Great Flux
Brennan, L., A. Vecchi), Springer, 2017.
2. Emerging Market Multinationals in Europe
Brennan, L., Bakir, C., Routledge, July, 2016
3. Drivers of Regionalism and Integration in Europe and Asia: Comparative Perspectives
Brennan, L., Murray, P., Routledge, May, 2015
- Louis contributes modules in International Business at the undergraduate, Masters and MBA levels. He also contributes to the School’s Executive Education Programmes in the areas of International Business, Operations Strategy and Business Model Innovation.