Dr. Periklis Boumparis
Assistant Professor in Finance
Room 308, Trinity Business School
01 896 8463
Office Hours: Tuesdays 9-11am or by appointment.
Dr. Periklis Boumparis is an Assistant Professor in Finance at Trinity Business School. He holds a Ph.D. in Finance from the University of Liverpool, and an M.Sc. in Economics and a B.Sc. in Economics both from the University of Macedonia, Greece. His current research interests include corporate finance, financial economics and macrofinance.
His research has been published in a range of leading journals, including the Journal of International Money and Finance, International Review of Financial Analysis and the Economics Letters. Periklis is an active reviewer for leading journals in his field of research and contributes to LSE blogs and the Greek newspaper “Kathimerini”.
Periklis has participated and presented his research at a number of international conferences including the Money, Macro and Finance Research Group conference, the Royal Economic Society PhD conference and the International Rome Conference in Money Banking and Finance.
View his Scholar profile here.
View his Mendeley profile here.
View his LinkedIn profile here.
Milas, C., Panagiotidis, T., Boumparis, P. (2017): Fair or not? How credit rating agencies calculated their ratings during the Eurozone crisis. EUROPP LSE Available at: http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/europpblog/2017/03/23/fair-or-not-credit-rating-agencies-eurozone-crisis/
Milas, C., Panagiotidis, T., Boumparis, P. (2015): On Structural Reforms and Debt Relief. London School of Economics/Hellenic Observatory. Available at: http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/greeceatlse/2015/10/15/greekdebtrelief/
- Boumparis, P., Milas, C., Panagiotidis, T., (2019): Non-performing loans and sovereign credit ratings. International Review of Financial Analysis.
- Boumparis, P., Milas, C., Panagiotidis, T., (2017): Economic policy uncertainty and sovereign credit rating decisions: Panel quantile evidence for the eurozone. Journal of International Money and Finance, Volume 79. Pages 39–71.
- Boumparis, P., Milas, C., Panagiotidis, T., (2015): Has the crisis affected the behavior of rating agencies? Panel evidence from the eurozone. Economics Letters. Volume 136. Pages 118-124.
Boumparis, P., Milas, C., Panagiotidis, T., (2017): On the Role of the Credit Rating Agencies in the Euro Zone Crisis. on: Political Economy Perspectives on the Greek Crisis. Debt, Austerity and Unemployment. Edited by: Bournakis, I., Tsoukis, C., Christopoulos, D., Palivos, T.
- Corporate Finance
- Green Finance
- BU7703: INTRODUCTORY FINANCE
- BU7508: DERIVATIVES
- BUU33630: CORPORATE FINANCE AND EQUITY VALUATION