Living in Dublin
A Thriving Digital and Business Hub
Trinity Business School sits right at the heart of Dublin. Global finance, tech, agricultural and pharmaceutical multinationals, and the energetic start-ups based in Silicon Docks are only minutes away. Many of these contribute to all of our postgraduate programmes and global business network. Within a kilometre of campus are the European headquarters of:
- 9 of the top 10 global software companies.
- 9 of the top US technology companies.
- 15 out of 20 top Medtech companies.
- 7 of the top 10 industrial automation companies.
- Over 25 of the world’s operation headquarters of top 50 banks.
A Gateway to World Markets
- Ireland is the only English-speaking country in the Eurozone.
- The World Bank lists Dublin as one of the top 10 places in the world to do business.
- Forbes named Ireland among the top 5 countries in the world to do business.
- The EY Globalisation Index names Ireland in the top 5 most globalised economies.
A Great Place to Live and Work
- For the fourth year in a row, Ireland is expected to be the fastest growing economy in Europe with estimations on the forecasted rate of growth of 4.8% for 2017 and projections of 3.8% domestic product growth in 2018.
- One of the only European countries to provide a two year graduate work visa.
- Global Peace Index: 6th safest country in the world. Ireland is consistently ranked as one of the safest countries in the world.
- Dublin voted 8th in QS Best Student Cities in the World 2012 rankings. Ireland is consistently named as one of the friendliest countries in the world.
- Dublin is named as a UNESCO City of Literature.
- The “Cost of City Rankings” by Mercer 2015, named Dublin as less expensive than other cities like Zurich, London, Paris, New York and Sydney.
For more information on living in Dublin, student life in Trinity and support services, visit Trinity Student Life. Also find out more about accommodation in Dublin and where to start looking.
Student-led tours of Trinity campus are available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 11am. Click here to sign up for a Trinity Campus visit.