- A minimum 2.1 honours degree or international equivalent. If you have yet to complete your degree, submit your most recent transcripts. If your transcript is not in English, please also supply a certified translation;
- Two academic referees;*
- Work experience (optional);
- An English competency exam (see below for accepted qualifications);
- A GMAT score may be requested in certain cases but is not required upon application.
*Applicants with work experience are welcome to apply with one academic and one professional referee.
We welcome applications for the September 2022 intake from November 2021. We receive a large volume of applications for our courses and as a result of this applications are reviewed on a rolling basis with places offered on an ongoing rolling basis.
Many of our courses fill in advance of September each year so our advice is to apply as early as possible for 2022/2023.
The Application Process
- Carefully choose your course to meet your career needs;
- Gather your documentation;
- Apply online;
- Submit all supporting documentation;
- Wait for selection committee decision;
- Receive your offer;
- Accept offer and pay deposit. Please note that the deposit is non-refundable;
- If offer is conditional upload all supporting documents as soon as they are available;
- Pay the fees;
- Start the programme.
English Language Requirements
All applicants whose first language is not English and who have not been educated through the medium of English must present one of the following qualifications in the English language:
- IELTS Academic: Grade 6.5;*
- TOEFL: 88 – internet based;*
- University of Cambridge:
Proficiency Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2);
Advanced Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2);
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) - PTE Academic: a minimum score of 63 to be eligible (with no section score below 59);*
- Duolingo English Test: minimum overall score of 110/160, dated since January 2021.*
*MSc Digital Marketing Strategy, MSc Marketing and MSc International Management applicants require an IELTS Grade of 7.0 and no band below 6.0, a TOEFL Score of 100 and no score below 20, a Pearson Test of English (Academic) 65 and no score below 59 or a Duolingo minimum overall score of 120/160.
How to Check Your Application Status
Once an online application has been completed, applicants will receive an email to notify them of their application status. All updates and offers are made via the MyTCD portal. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants can expect feedback within 2 to 3 weeks from the date of submission.
How to Accept Your Offer
If you receive a conditional or unconditional offer, log-in to MyTCD portal to accept your offer. To secure your place on the programme, you will need to pay a deposit of €500 towards the cost of your full fees. If you have a conditional offer, you will need to upload your final documents as soon as they are ready to ensure you receive an unconditional offer.
How to Pay Your Fees
The full balance of fees are payable closer to the course start date. For visa required students, payment of fees may be required earlier then this.
Log-in to MyTCD portal to view the balance of your fees. The Academic Registry is responsible for the invoicing and collection of course fees and other charges. Read more information on how to pay my fees.
The preferred method of payment for international students is via Pay to Study. Domestic students can pay by electronic transfer or by credit card (available in August only).
How to Arrange a Visa (if required)
The Irish Department of Foreign Affairs issues visas to citizens of certain countries who wish to travel to Ireland. Further information on student visas and requirements can be found on the Department of Foreign Affairs website visa section by clicking here.
Students who need visas are strongly advised to apply for a visa as soon as they have accepted their offer. Visa applications can take time to be processed and can vary from a few weeks to, in some cases, six months. The average processing time is approximately 8-12 weeks. Please note that the Admissions Office does not assist in the processing of visa applications.
Contact the Admissions Team