|Duration||4 full days||TBC|
||Late 2024/Early 2025|
|Tuition Fees||Certificate for Completion Route (CC) €1850||Certificate for Completion Route (CC) €1850|
What does the programme offer you?
Given recent and rapid technological changes impacting most businesses, we’ve consulted industry partners and analysed skill needs by sector to design this course which offers you:
- A practical introduction to blockchain technology, cryptocurrency and digital assets.
- An understanding of the role they are playing and will play across industries and sectors in the future.
- An understanding of governance and regulatory challenges associated with crypto and how organisations and regulators are working to overcome these challenges
- First-hand experience in opening a cryptocurrency account, setting up a digital wallet, creating an NFT, staking assets, and participating in DeFi protocols.
- The knowledge to harness the power of blockchain technology, cryptocurrency and digital assets.
This course covers:
- What are blockchain, crypto & Web3 and how do they work?
- Cryptography 101 & blockchain fundamentals
- Digital wallets
- DeFi (decentralised finance)
- Challenges & opportunities: regulation ethics, the environment & sustainability
- Identification of use cases and applications for specific sectors and industries, and how new business models and ecosystems are being created
- Blockchain project implementation risks
- A framework to develop and lead blockchain Communities of Practice (CoP)
- The long term “prognosis” for blockchain & crypto
Who is this programme designed for?
The programme is suitable for those from all business disciplines and levels of expertise, in particular:
- leaders and managers working in digital transformation, change management, digital innovation, technology and policy development.
- professionals working in finance, regulatory & compliance functions or in commercial operations, strategy and future positioning of organisations.
- business professionals with an interest in crypto and blockchain.
Four full days in-person or six evenings online
Lecturer: Lory Kehoe
Lory is an adjunct assistant professor in Technology Trends with Trinity College Dublin.
He has lectured on Tech Trends and Innovation at Trinity for the past 15 years. Lory is also Coinbase's global director of NFT Success. His prior experience includes being BNY Mellon's EMEA digital assets lead, Ireland managing director with blockchain technology product company ConsenSys, Partner with Deloitte China and a Director with Deloitte Ireland where he founded and ran Deloitte’s EMEA blockchain lab. He is the founder of the government supported initiative, Blockchain Ireland. He is a qualified financial advisor and registered stockbroker with the Irish stock exchange.