Discipline in Hall
The Warden and Deputy Warden are responsible for imposing fines for transgressions, bad behavior and other activities that violate existing laws and rules, as well as for activity and actions that constitute unreasonable behavior. These fines start at 20Euro and can go as high as 500Euro. Any damages that result on top of such fines must also be addressed financially.
Both the RSAs and the Assistant Wardens report such behavior to the Warden and Deputy Warden so that they can determine appropriate action.
These fines cannot be appealed and all collected monies go to the Senior Tutor’s fund for students in need.
If students are caught behaving unreasonably or against university regulations and deny such behavior, their fines will be increased if they are found to be misrepresenting the facts.
Honesty and admission of responsibility will always lead to a reduced fine.
Alcohol & Overnight Guests in Twin Rooms
- Residents in twin rooms may only have overnight guests if they obtain prior permission from their roommate.
- It is not permitted to consume alcohol on the grounds of Hall or to carry open bottles or cans. Such items will be confiscated.
Other Important Information:
- The general regulations and procedures governing discipline in Trinity are outlined in Part 2 of the College Calendar
- The Conditions of Occupancy (PDF)
- Student handbook for residents of Hall (PDF)
- Trinity's policy document on dignity and respect.
- The 2010 Consolidated Statutes of Trinity College Dublin and of the University of Dublin can be found here. The sections on Student Discipline and Mental Health are of particular relevance to residents of Hall.
- Trinity Hall is situated on Dartry Road in Dublin 6 (see map) and is located close to the village of Rathmines. This page has been designed to try and answer most of the questions that you may have on your arrival to Hall. We hope that the information contained here will enable you to quickly settled into Hall and College life. Throughout the year, and especially during freshers weekend, members of the JCR and SCR will be on hand to help you.
- Local Amenities (PDF) - Transport, Shops etc.
- Safecab (PDF)
- Information System Services - Computer and network facilities in College and Hall
- College Health Service - Student consultations are free of charge with modest charges for additional services
- Sports Center - Swimming Pool, Gym etc.
- Library Services
- International Students - Information for international students
- Visas and Immigration
- Working in Ireland
- Opening a bank account
- Health Insurance
- Fire Safety & Security
- The Conditions of Occupancy and Students' Handbook (PDF)
- Apartment Disagreements/Difficulties Process (PDF)
- Event Booking Arrangements (PDF)
- Event Booking Form (PDF)
- Food and Drink Regulations (PDF)
Useful telephone numbers:
Reception/Security: (01) 4971772