Skip to main content

Trinity College Dublin, The University of Dublin

Trinity Menu Trinity Search

You are here Getting Rooms > Types of Students

Apply for a Room

If you wish to apply for College accommodation you must make an application by completing the online application form. Applications for continuing students will commence on Monday the 5th of February for a four week period.

Before you apply for accommodation, we recommend that you do the following :

  • Read the information below and find out what is the most appropriate accommodation option for your circumstances. Allocation quotas for 2017/18 (PDF)
  • Visit the Accommodation web pages to find details of the types of rooms and facilities that are available and to see the rental rates that apply.
  • Follow the links to the web pages of the Warden of Trinity Hall who allocates rooms at Trinity Hall.
  • If your application is on the basis of a significant medical disability or other similar special circumstance, please see below.

Undergraduate - Continuing Students

Applications for rooms at Trinity Hall and on campus for continuing students can be made for a four week period commencing on Monday the 5th of February.

New International Students

Non-EU students may apply for residential accommodation when they receive an unconditional offer of a place on a course at Trinity.

Only students on full time degree courses may apply for residential accommodation. Students studying part-time or diploma courses are not eligible for accommodation.

Generally, undergraduate non-EU students will be prioritised for accommodation. In some instances, where there are partnerships in place with foreign educational establishments, or where students have been recruited through Trinity’s Global Relations Office, students may be nominated for accommodation by the Global Relations Office.

New Student Applying via CAO

Our software systems are currently being developed to permit students applying to Trinity via the CAO to make an application for residential accommodation. As soon as our system has been updated a link to the application page will be posted here.

New Entrants for 2018/19 - seeking special consideration

Applicants with a disability who will apply to Trinity College Dublin for entry to an undergraduate or postgraduate course in 2018/19 can also indicate their intention to apply for a room in Trinity Hall or on Campus through the Special Consideration form. For further information please visit our special consideration page.

Undergraduate Continuing Students - seeking special consideration

A registered student may seek to have special consideration for his or her application for rooms on campus or at Trinity Hall. There are a limited number of rooms available to offer in those circumstances and it is not possible to respond to all such applications by providing College accommodation. Full details can be found on our Student seeking special consideration page. Applications will commence on Monday the 5th of February and the final date for receipt of same is Friday the 2nd of March.

Family Accommodation

There are a limited number of accommodation units suitable for families at Trinity Hall. These units may be occupied by families of both staff and students. Allocation is normally for a minimum of 12 months and is renewable provided the lead renter remains a member of staff or student at Trinity. For further information please visit our family accommodation page.


Continuing postgraduate students may apply for accommodation for the following academic year during a four week period commencing on Monday the 5th of February. New postgraduates should apply as soon as they have been fully accepted by College. Priority is given to those students registered for higher degrees by research only.

Part Time and Diploma Students

Students who are registered to do a part-time or diploma course are not eligible to apply for accommodation. The Advisory Service helps students find accommodation in the private rental market by providing them with advice and access to house-hunting resources. During August and September a fully staffed service is run from the Students' Union office in House 6. For the rest of the year the Students' Union Welfare Officer handles students' accommodation queries.