Student Exam Guidelines
You are asked to familiarise yourself with the guidelines for students at examinations and to follow all instructions given by invigilators during exam sessions.
- Guidelines for Students at Examinations (PDF, 569KB)
- You must bring your student ID card to all examinations.
My Exam Number
Your exam number is available at my.tcd.ie. To obtain it, please log on to your my.tcd.ie portal, select My Exams and then select My Exam Number. Make sure to have this with you before entering any examination session.
If you require reasonable accommodations at examinations please consult with the Disability Service.
Use of Calculators, Dictionaries and other Reference Materials in Examinations
The make and model number of any calculator used in an examination must be recorded by the candidate on each answer booklet. Other electronic devices, including programmable calculators, mobile telephones, are not permitted in any examination venue.
The use of dictionaries is not permitted.
During an examination, candidates will be permitted to use only such reference materials as have been issued or authorised by the examiners.
Examination results are published on the my.tcd.ie portal and managed by your school/course office.
- Appeal Process: For information on appealing your results please consult the Senior Tutor's Website
- Recheck: Details on how to request a recheck can also be found on the Senior Tutor's Website
- For Erasmus and Visiting students: Two hard copy transcripts of your results will be sent to your home institution, one for their records and one to be passed onto you. For Michaelmas term students transcripts will be sent in February, for Hilary and full year students this will take place in July.
Gold medals are awarded by the Board of Trinity College to candidates of the first class who have shown exceptional merit at degree examinations in honor or professional courses. The Board of Trinity College has approved specific Criteria for the Award of Gold Medals which should be incorporated into the examination regulations for each course.