- Guidelines 2022-23
- Trinity Excellence in Teaching Award Form 2022-23
- Preparing your application 2022-23
Call for nominations will re-open in Michaelmas Term 2023
Winners of 2022-23 will be announced here in June 2023.
The Trinity Excellence in Teaching Award initiative is designed to recognise and celebrate those who have made an outstanding contribution in the pursuit of teaching excellence. 'Teaching' can be interpreted broadly to include curriculum design, delivery and evaluation, and ‘teaching excellence’ can take many forms. In the context of this award, ‘teaching excellence’ can be defined as achieving and sustaining outstanding quality of teaching and positive educational impact through the effective use of pedagogies that engage and enhance student learning. The prestige of the award reflects the value that Trinity places on promoting teaching as a scholarly activity and the importance placed on enriching the learning opportunities of its students. The Trinity Excellence in Teaching Award is a competitive process, with up to five awards made each year.The scope of the initiative is broad, covering all aspects of teaching, learning and assessment, and seeks to:
- Provide recognition for outstanding teaching
- Encourage teaching staff to reflect critically on their teaching and learning practice.
- Encourage teaching staff to consider scholarly approaches to course design, delivery and assessment.
- Reaffirm that curriculum development, teaching, learning, assessment and evaluation are important activities in College requiring high level expertise.
- Share best practice in teaching, learning and assessment across College.
All members of Trinity academic staff, or academic-related professionals with roles in supporting teaching and learning, are eligible for nomination by students, alumni and staff. Candidates must receive a student or alumni nomination to be deemed eligible to proceed and must also be on one of the following contracts;permanent contracts, indefinite duration contracts, contracts of more than one year in duration that do not expire before 31st August in the year of submission or adjunct lecturers with a contribution to a programme that extends 13 months or more. Eligible nominated candidates will be contacted and invited to submit an application for stage 2 of the award.
If you would like to submit a nomination form for a Graduate Teaching Assistant please contact the Graduate Studies Office as this is a separate award.