Types of Digital Assessment
Digital assessments can take many different forms. Some of the more common types include open book exams, online tests, virtual presentations, and essays (elements of which are now often enabled using digital technologies). However there is a wide variety of other types and these may be used for summative or formative assessment purposes.
This section will introduce you to some of the more common types of digital assessment. Here you will find a brief synopsis of each assessment method which includes;
- types of learning that the method is typically used to assess
- real-life examples from Trinity and beyond
- key considerations when designing and delivering each type of assessment
- Trinity-supported technologies which you can use to facilitate or create each assessment within your own modules.
- student reflections on their experience of the assessment.
Keep in mind that even though your assessments may look a little different in a digital context, the purposes of assessment and the standard expected will remain the same.
For more information, click on the links below.