Update from College Librarian to staff and students
31 March 2021
Dear staff and students,
The Library remains open following yesterday’s Government announcement on the next phase of COVID-19 restrictions. There are two further updates:
Firstly, there are special arrangements in place for the Easter break.
The Berkeley and Lecky libraries will be closed on Good Friday, April 2nd and Easter Monday, April 5th.
Kinsella Hall and the 1937 Reading Room will be available for pre-booked study spaces on the following days:
- Good Friday, April 2nd 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Easter Saturday, April 3rd 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Easter Sunday, April 4th CLOSED
- Easter Monday, April 5th 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Secondly, we are pleased to be reopening the John Stearne Medical Library and the Hamilton Library.
From Tuesday, April 6th
- The Hamilton Library open 1-5pm, Monday to Friday (Click and Collect from 1-3pm; no counter services)
- The John Stearne Medical Library open 12-4pm, Monday to Friday (no counter services)
All other Library spaces remain on their current opening hours , with no counter service:
- Berkeley and Lecky libraries open 1-5pm, Monday to Friday (Click and Collect from 1-3pm)
- ATIC space (ground floor of the Ussher) open 1-5pm, Monday to Friday
- Kinsella Hall (floors 1-3 of the Ussher Library) open 8am-10pm, Monday to Sunday
- 1937 Postgraduate Reading Room open 8am-10pm, Monday to Sunday
The Scan on Demand and Postal Delivery services are continuing, as is the online Chat with us service. The Subject Librarian team is available for virtual consultations and electronic resources continue to be accessible remotely.
Wishing you, your family and friends a peaceful Easter time.