Update from Trinity Communications to students
24 September 2020
Covid-19 Level 3 - Clubs & Societies
We recognise that student clubs and societies are an important part of the student experience. It has been necessary to curtail them in line with the restrictions imposed by Level 3 of the Living with Covid-19 plan but we want to proceed with those activities that it is possible to do while still adhering to these restrictions. We would encourage students to participate in the activities that are permissible under Level 3.
While Dublin remains at Level 3 of the Living with COVID-19 plan, students are asked to note the following:
- Indoor or outdoor events or gatherings are not permitted. The exception to this is activity under Trinity Sports – see below under ‘Sport Activity’.
- This year’s events for Freshers’ week for student societies will take place online. Students can virtually visit society stalls, sign-up and view a full calendar of events at the Online Society Fair from 28 September – 2 October. To find out more, please visit here trinitysocieties.ie/join.
- Societies are not permitted to run off campus events of any kind during Level 3.
- Society Rooms will be accessible to Society Chairs/Committee members on a request basis via email@example.com, in line with maximum occupancy set by the College. Otherwise, use of society rooms is prohibited.
- Individuals can continue to exercise and train in all Trinity Sport’s facilities including Trinity Sport Centre, Santry Sports Grounds, Iveagh Sports Grounds and Islandbridge Boathouse. All group fitness classes will be available online via the Trinity Sport app.
- Groups of up to 15 can exercise, train and play recreational activities outdoors providing there is no contact. For example, clubs or groups of students can get together outdoors to do activities such as bootcamp, hiking, canoeing, running, fitness trail, soccer, etc providing no more than 15 people are involved and they have no physical contact.
- Exemptions: The following Trinity teams, who compete at high levels in their sport, have been granted Government exemption from level 3 restrictions and can train and compete with appropriate Covid-19 protocols in place. Fixtures that are scheduled to take place on and off campus will go ahead but without spectators.
- Trinity Meteors – Women’s Basketball
- Men’s 1st Rugby team
- Women’s 1st and Men’s 1st Hockey teams
- Women’s 1st Volleyball team
- Trinity Clubs are not permitted to hold any other congregations on or off campus and must not, so long as Level 3 continues, congregate before or after training sessions or competitive fixtures.
As part of the Healthy Trinity initiative we encourage our community to be as physically active as possible. The effort made by everyone in acting responsibly to keep Trinity open and safe is much appreciated.