Customised Workshops for Staff and Students
Did you know that Student Learning Development deliver workshops in collaboration with departments and student groups? This means developing and delivering workshops tailored to your students in any area of Academic Skills.
Our most requested workshops for students are on aspects of Academic Writing, but we also know there is a current need for support in areas such as Academic Integrity and Critical Thinking. Workshops in areas such as Presentation Skills, Groupwork and Exam Preparation are most effective for students when delivered in advance of assessments.
In the last academic year, 20-21, SLD ran 78 collaborative workshops, with 3868 student attendances. Service users include the School of Medicine, School of Dental Science, Trinity Business School, School of Social Work and Social Policy, School of Engineering, School of Nursing and Midwifery and many more.
"The increase in students requiring services as they proceed through the programme, prompted me to introduce something at an earlier stage, to prevent issues from arising or escalating."
"I follow up meetings with my students to ensure the correct course of action was taken to address their difficulties. The feedback on the service from SLD has has been overwhelming positive. Students report increased confidence undertaking course work as well as having learned new study approaches to academic tasks."
"SLD service provided was excellent, we just need to figure out how best to format it. Plans to tie in with induction and scheduled lectures will, I think be a positive development."
Dr. John Dinsmore, School of Nursing and Midwifery "I just wanted to reach out and thank Caroline Forsyth for the fantastic support provided in constructing an academic writing workshop for the EC visuAAL project, of which TCD is one of 5 academic partners: https://www.visuaal-itn.eu. The workshop will be held next week in Spain and the project partners are delighted with how it has come together. I am truly grateful for the support, time and effort provided in putting together the workshop to such a professional/high level. Best regards and thanks once again."
- Academic Culture in Trinity
- Academic Writing
- Completing assignments
- Developing Critical Thinking in your Writing
- Dissertation/Final Year Project - Get started
- Effective Study for Academic Success
- Essay Writing
- Exams - Essays, MCQ & Short Qs,Openbook, Preparation & Revision, Skills
- Literature Reviews
- Reading, Thinking & Writing Critically
- Learning and Participating Online
- Managing Academic Stress/Exam Stress
- Organisation & Time Management
- Presentation Skills
- Presentation Skills for Research
- Procrastination & Concentration
- Reading & Notemaking
- Referencing & Plagiarism
- Reflective Writing
- Scholarship Examinations
- Science Writing (including reports)
- Thesis Writing Process
- Viva & Oral Defence Preparation
Faculty of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences
- School of Education
- Trinity Business School
- School of Law
- Department of Sociology
- School of Social Work and Social Policy
- School of Religion
Faculty of Engineering, Maths and Science
- School of Biochemistry and Immunology
- School of Computer Science and Statistics
- School of Engineering
- School of Dental Science
- School of Medicine:
- Centre for Global Health
- Occupational Therapy
- Public Health and Primary Care
- Radiation Therapy
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
- The School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences