Academic Writing Centre
The Academic Writing Centre in Trinity College Dublin is run by Student Learning Development. Student Learning Development offers a variety of writing services for all students to help them develop their academic writing skills. Students of all levels and abilities, even the very high achievers, often need support and/or advice to achieve their best; SLD can give that support.
The Writing Clinic appointments are sometimes heavily booked. If you need an earlier appointment, please consider booking a general appointment or brief appointment. Click here for information
Principles of Service
- This is not a proof-reading service.
- A student may provide a sample of writing prior to the appointment via email. Tutors may not read these samples in advance of your appointment, but will go through samples during your appointment. Sending large pieces of writing for review, (i.e. chapters, entire dissertations etc.) is not practical.
- We provide advice on structure, strategies and support during the appointment only. We cannot provide feedback on work by email.
- We understand that sometimes you may not manage to attend your appointment. We experience high demand for these appointments, so we ask that you do cancel in advance where possible. Either find your confirmation email and cancel via the link, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This will allow other students to avail of support.
- Our tutors are all trained in general Academic Writing skills. You can view short bios for our tutors here.
Writing Centre Appointments
PG Shut Up & Write Café
Writing Skills Workshops
Online Writing Resources
The Writing Centre periodically recruits Doctoral students from Trinity College Dublin to facilitate appointments in our Writing Clinic. If you are interested in applying for a position, please click here for full details.