Become a Sports Volunteer
Volunteering is defined as the commitment of time and energy, for the benefit of the society and the community. Trinity sport offers a variety of sports volunteering opportunities on and off campus for students. With such a large range of clubs and societies, there’s options to suit everyone. Student volunteers play a vital role in improving and developing sporting opportunities for others in Trinity College Dublin. Some examples of our current volunteering programs include the incredibly successful 5 a side soccer and 3 x 3 basketball.
Why should I get involved in sports volunteering?
A large majority of students who volunteer are motivated by a desire to improve things or help people. Volunteering offers vital help to people in need, worthwhile causes, and the community, but the benefits can be even greater for you, the volunteer. Becoming a volunteer can provide you with the following:
- Develop Confidence and Self Belief
- Improve key communication skills
- Gain Academic Credits
- Expand your creativity through exploring new ideas & thoughts
- Acquire effective networking skills
- Build planning & organisational skills
- Continue learning by gaining knowledge and skills
- Develop problem solving ability by working on decisive & action based projects
- Develop transferable skills to future jobs
- Enhance job applications & CV
- Increase your social group
- Make new friends and contacts
- Obtain fulfilment in helping others
- Advance your career by gaining experience & contacts in your area of interest
- Develop leadership skills by taking charge in key roles for the organisation
What does volunteering entail?
Volunteering is not meant to be strenuous or overbearing and should actually enhance your life. There are no overly complicated or strict requirements for volunteering. You can choose to volunteer according to your own time. Allocating a few hours, a day, weeks or months of your own time, the choice is completely yours. If you wish, you can choose to volunteer as a one off or as a regular occurrence. For various volunteering projects, no experience is necessary while others may require some knowledge on volunteering. Although not necessary for many roles, Trinity sport can offer training for specific roles.
How can I get involved?
If you have any sport / physical activity ideas, projects or initiatives that you would like to implement, be sure to contact us. Our team at Trinity sport can help provide you with resources and support to get your idea up and running.
If you cannot think of an opportunity to suit you, don’t worry! Our team are continually looking for volunteers for various projects and we can allocate you to one that best suits your interests.
If you are interested in volunteering with Trinity sport, simply contact:
Volunteer at Halls
If you are interested in giving your time and gaining experience during your time at halls contact us for more information.