Trinity Sport Awards
Trinity Sport Awards 2020
Due to Covid-19 the Sport Awards had to be re-scheduled and moved online.
On Wednesday, 9th December we welcomed everyone to watch the award ceremony via zoom.
The full list of winners are as follows:
- • Club of the Year – Trinity Basketball
- • Team of the Year – Trinity Camogie Team
- • Sport Person of the Year – Edel Thornton Basketball
- • Performance of the Year – Laura Stack (Camogie) – Fr. Meaghair Cup Final
- • Club administrator of the Year – Mark Escoto from Trinity Volleyball club
- • Coach of the Year – Maria Jimenez from Trinity Volleyball club
- • Social media campaign of the Year – Trinity Barbell
- • Alum of the Year – Manus Darby – Trinity Basketball
- • Volunteer of the Year – Simran Saini Trinity Volleyball Club
In addition to the Sport Awards, five University Pinks were announced on the night including Robbie Kearns from Trinity Equestrian Club, Diarmuid McGowan from Trinity Sub Aqua, Manon Nouvian from Trinity Fencing, Conall Hayes Dublin University Harriers and Athletics Club and Muireann McGinley from Dublin University Harriers and Athletics Club. Distributed annually since 1950, the Pinks are bestowed by Dublin University Central Athletic Club (DUCAC) to student athletes who have shown outstanding individual merit – in much the same vein as a ‘Blue’ is allocated in Oxford and Cambridge. Over 1,220 students have received the prestigious accolade since its inception.