Trinity Sport are challenging you to stay healthy, active and connected by joining our 'Virtual Running Community'
Move and stay connected with Trinity Sport Running Community Via Strava
Published: April 21st, 2020, 15:00hrs
All Trinity staff and students are welcome to join the ‘Trinity Sport Virtual Running Community’ by connecting with us via Strava and walking, running, or jogging 4K three days per week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday).
The Trinity Sport ‘Virtual Running Community’ kicks off on Monday, 27th April, to get involved download the Strava app and connect with the Trinity Sport running community HERE . Trinity Sport High Performance athlete, Caron Ryan is on board to give running tips and advice while we also adhere to the HSE social distancing guidelines and 2KM restrictions.
Want to run with us?
1. Fill in the link to let us know you are interested HERE
2. Download the Strava app to connect with the Trinity Sport 'Virtual Running Community' HERE
3. Connect with the Trinity Sport Virtual Running Community HERE
4. Complete three weekly 4k run / walk (Monday, Wednesday and Friday)
5. Connect with the Trinity Sport virtual running community by sending encouraging messages to the group!
6. Sign up soon as the Trinity Sport Virtual Running Community kicks off from Monday, 27th April!
7. Celebration run to take place on Wednesday, 27th May 2020 from 1pm
How to get the most out of your Strava Account:
1. Link your devices: Strava is partnered with most tech companies. Link your fitbit or garmin watch so you don’t need to use your phone to record and run down your battery.
2. Follow Friends: Strava is a social fitness app, yes you can use it to track your own stats but it’s supposed to be a fun way to connect with friends.
3. Join clubs: Clubs are an easy way to check in with friends or teammates rather than having to search for them.
4. Follow pro athletes: Professional athletes lead some interesting lives. Follow some to see where they are training and racing and how they train.
5. Give Kudos Kudos are like a virtual high five. Support your friends and they’ll support you. Set a PB and you’ll be surprised how many people are routing for you.
We want you to share your virtual runs and training sessions with us - if you have messages of support for your fellow community members please post them on our Trinity Sport Running Community Strava account. Make sure to tag us on our Trinity Sport social media channels and use the hashtags #TCDKeepYourDistance and #TrainOnlinewithTrinitySport.
If you have any queries or want more information on the ‘Trinity Sport Virtual Running Community’ or how to use Strava please contact Deirdre Mullin-McGuinness email@example.com.