Trinity Sport Launches Student Sport Guide for 2019 / 2020 Season
Published: 2nd September 2019
To all new and returning students – welcome to Trinity Sport! Whether you want to perform at a high level, be part of a team, learn a new sport or simply improve fitness, Trinity Sport has a wide variety of sporting opportunities to enhance your college experience. Check out the new Trinity Sport Student Guide here which includes info on everything you need to know from how to join a club to how to activate your student card for the gym and pool.
The main sporting hub on campus is the Sports Centre, located at the Westland Row end of the college. We’ll be running tours of the building during Fresher’s Week (September 2nd – 6th) so do try to pop down. Your student card provides you with free access to the Sports Centre gym and pool. Activate your card at reception on your first visit.
Apart from its obvious physical benefits, sport and fitness is also a great way to meet new people and develop leadership skills. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- There are 50 sports clubs here in Trinity so there’s something for everyone. Clubs will have stands in Front Square during Fresher’s Week or you can find out more about them on the student sport section of our website.
- Attend Trinity Sport club’s ‘give it a go’ sessions at the start of the academic year.
- If you like your sport to be a little more fun, why not try our social sport programme of activities.
- Want to just keep fit? We run a range of classes and courses in the Trinity Sports Centre each week, suitable for all levels.
- Develop your CV skills by becoming a sports volunteer.
- Support team Trinity! Follow us on social media and keep an eye out for the weekly fixtures and events in the Sports Centre, College Park and Santry.
- For everything on Sport in Trinity College Dublin check out the new Trinity Sport Student Guide here
Follow Trinity Sport social channels to keep up to date on news and events:
- Facebook: Trinity College Dublin Sport
- Twitter: @tcdsports
- Instagram: @tcdsport
- Linkedin: Trinity College Dublin Sport