Junior Sports Leadership Course
Trinity Sport has now opened applications for our Junior Sports Leadership Programme 2019. The course is aimed at 16-19 year olds who wish to broaden their knowledge of sport and coaching. This course will give participants an excellent learning opportunity as well as practical coaching experience.
The Junior Sports Leaders Course is aimed at participants from 16 - 18 years of age and aims to develop their skills in sports leadership. The course combines practical and theory work where pupils demonstrate knowledge and understanding. It aims to give the confidence and tools to enable the student to assist with the running of sports/activity sessions.
There are three phases to the programme:
Phase 1 - A one week, 35 hour, course in leadership and coaching skills
Phase 2 - Undertake voluntary coaching and leadership on our Summer Camps
Phase 3 - Completion of a log book of coaching hours worked during phase 2
Participants should be at least 16 years. Our programme is open to both girls and boys of all abilities.
- Gives participants the skills needed to lead groups in safe and fun sporting activity.
- Enables participants to take responsibility for others.
- Develops organisational and communication skills.
- Builds confidence in people for whom leading groups in sporting activities is a new experience.
- Is practical in nature with an emphasis on learning through doing, rather than through written work.
- Developing leadership – teaching people the ability to organise activities, to lead, motivate and communicate with groups.
- Successful participants will have the opportunity to volunteer on Trinity Sport BraveHeart Sport Camp and gain practical experience.
|1||Monday 3rd June - Friday 7th June||09.00 - 16.00||Trinity College Sports Centre|
|2||Monday 10th June - Thursday 14th June||09.00 - 16.00||Trinity College Sports Centre|
Each participant must be able to volunteer for two full weeks on Summer Camp to complete a log book
Summer Camps Dates
|1||1st - 5th July|
|2||8th - 12th July|
|3||15th - 19th July|
|4||22nd - 26th July|
|5||29th July - 2nd August|
|6||6th - 9th August|
|7||12th - 16th August|
|8||19th - 23rd August|
For further information contact
|01 896 1812|
We would advise early application. All applicants should have an interest in sport and fitness. All applicants will be Garda Vetted.