We know the structure of DNA and the genetic code of a human being, of the TB bacterium, of rice and many other organisms. Scientific knowledge had been used to develop modern medicine, the mobile phone, the worldwide web, and new ways to save and generate energy. Science is making critical contributions to conservation and the new world economy, and to our health and welfare. There is much to learn and much more to be discovered.
The advantages of studying Science at Trinity College are
- Outstanding teaching by scientists and mathematicians who are at the forefront of their field worldwide.
- High standards of examination leading to degrees which are recognised among the best worldwide.
- Research-led teaching by world leaders in their fields.
- Excellent laboratory facilities
- Research projects with close supervision
- Field and laboratory work supported by many subjects
- University highly placed in global rankings
- Excellent career prospects in Ireland and abroad.
- Opportunities for study abroad before and after graduation.
- Opportunities to carry out research as part of your course.
- A broad curriculum that allows choice from degree courses in all aspects of the Biological, Physical, Earth, and Mathematical Sciences.
- Opportunities to demonstrate experiments at the Science Open Day or the annual BT Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition.
- Dedicated and thorough administrative support for students
- Continuously updating and revising course structures ensuring excellent qualifications
- Trinity's excellent tutorial support system.
What can I do with a Science Degree?
On graduating, a high percentage of Trinity Science and Mathematics graduates go into postgraduate study performing research which leads to the award of and M.Sc. or Ph.D. Many graduates enter directly into employment, pursuing a wide variety of careers. Examples of careers entered into through the Science programme include: universities and research institutes, the chemical and pharmaceutical industry, the electronics, computer and IT industries, engineering, the energy and mining industries, the water industry, the agricultural and food industries, hospital and medical services, school teaching, the media, accountancy and financial services, stockbroking, insurance and banking, astronomer, forensic physicist, nanotechnolgy researcher, particle physicist, rocket scientist, strategic planner, video producer, wind analyst, environmental management, medical physicist etc.