Prof. Mauro Ferreira
School of Physics & CRANN
Trinity College Dublin
Phone: + 353 1 896 3064
Prof. Mauro Ferreira was awarded a PhD in Mathematical Physics (1998) from the Department of Mathematics at Imperial College of Science Technology and Medicine, in the UK; a BSc in Physics and a MSc in Solid State Physics (1991 and 1993, respectively) at Universidade Federal Fluminense, in Brazil.
He has also worked as a postdoctoral research assistant in the Theoretical Physics group of Delft University of Technology before being appointed a lecturer at Trinity College Dublin back in 2002. He has been elected Fellow of Trinity College Dublin in 2010 and has been nominated a few times for the TCD Excellence in Teaching Award.
Due to his background, mathematical transparency is one of the key trademarks of his research. Strong emphasis of his group's research has been on the physical properties of low-dimensional systems such as surfaces, thin films, multilayers and nanowires, with special attention to carbon nanotubes and graphene.
- A. T. Costa, M. S. Ferreira and A. H. Castro Neto
- S. R. Power and M. S. Ferreira
- Crystals 3, 49 (2013)
- S. R. Power, P. D. Gorman, J. Duffy and M. S. Ferreira
- Phys. Rev. B 86, 195423 (2012)
- P. P. N. Nirmalraj, A. Bellew, A. P. Bell, J. Fairfield, E. K, McCarthy, C. Kelly, L. F. C. Pereira, D. Morosan, S. Sorel, J. N. Coleman, M. S. Ferreira and J. J. Bolanda
- Nano Lett. 12, 5966 (2012)
Here is a complete list of publications in Peer-Reviewed Journals.