Structured Content section
We are currently exploring the following key areas:
- Thermal conduction in thin films and across interfaces.
- Ultrafast and thermal processes in 1D and 2D nanomaterials.
- Electronic and thermal transport in nanocomposites.
- Novel integrated heat sinking and energy harvesting.
- Nanostructured Control of thermal radiation/ Near-field thermal radiative transport.
- Heating in nanoplasmonics.
- Electromigration and thermal failure
- Thermoelectrics and Thermogalvanics
Applications are in:
- Thermal barrier coatings
- High power high frequency electronics
- Microphotonic components
- Heat assisted magnetic recording (HAMR)
- Phase change memory