Electronic Design Laboratory
Location: SNIAM building –1.33
The Electronic design laboratory provides facilaties for simulation, design and prototyping of electronic circuits. The laboratory provides work space, tools, computer-aided design software to draw schematics, simulate circuits and systems, and to design and layout printed circuit boards. The principle areas are
- Circuit simulation & layout design
- Electronic circuit prototyping
- Circuit board preparation
Circuit simulation & layout design
The circuit simulation and layout design area comprises of a networked PC with circuit simulation software, PCB cad software and printer.
- Circuit simulation is provided using LTspice, design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more.
- Circuit design and PCB layout design is provided using DipTrace cad software. DipTrace is PCB design software. EDA/CAD package with autorouter, Schematic Capture multi-level hierarchy, real-time DRC, 3D Preview/export, Gerber output and comprhensive component and pattern libraries.
Electronic circuit prototyping
The laboratory provides three options for electronic circuit PCB prototyping. CNC Router, UV lithography/chemical etching and external company.
- CCNC Router: High quality computer controlled drilling and milling machine with semi-automatic or automatic tool change. It allows direct processing of Excellon or Sieb&Meyer drill data or HP/GL data for the PCB production (drilling, milling, isolation routing) and milling / routing of plastics, aluminum and other metals.
- UV lithography using photo-resistive laminate boards: PCB mask designs are UV exposed, developed and chemically spray etched
- Prototyping boards using external company: PCB design can also be sent to an external company for fabrication using PCB Pool
Circuit board preparation
The circuit board preparation area comprises of tools and equipment required to prepare the PCB circuit board post prototyping. This included dicing, drilling and soldering station.
LTspice download http://www.linear.com/designtools/software/
Bungard CNC https://www.bungard.de/index.php/en/products/cnc-machines
Arduino microcontroller software, hardware, tutorials https://www.arduino.cc
PCB Pool https://www.pcb-pool.com/ppuk/order_productconfiguration_js.html