Antimicrobial Resistance and Host Modulation
My research addresses the significant problem of antibiotic resistance in bacteria along with aspects of the infection biology. For that, we use a combination of classical microbiology, biochemistry, cell biology, immunology and functional genomic techniques. I am particularly interested in developing novel therapeutic approaches to treat multidrug resistant bacteria associated infections.
- Antibiotic resistance and New antibacterial compounds
- Reversal of multidrug resistance in bacteria of clinical relevance
- Efflux pump inhibitors
- Novel therapeutic approaches to treat multidrug resistant bacteria (Adjuvant therapy)
- Host modulation
- Macrophage activation
- Immunomodulation of infected macrophages
- Prof. Miguel Viveiros, Institute of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Prof. Jean-Marie Pagès, Aix-Marseille Université, Marseille, France.
- Prof. Alexandra Fernandes, New University of Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Dr. Thamarai Schneiders, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK.
Interested in working with us?
We are always interested in recruiting talented people to the lab and in supporting applications for personal PhD and Postdoctoral fellowships.
For further information please contact Marta directly (firstname.lastname@example.org)