International Data Protection Day 2021
Thursday 28th January
Trinity College Dublin is proud to support International Data Protection Day, an annual event that raises awareness of the importance of respecting privacy and safeguarding personal data.
This year we are hosting the following events:
Panel discussion: 11 – 11.45am
Data Privacy in 2021 – Assessing its value in a turbulent world. A panel discussion organised by the Trinity Data Protection Office.
Hosted by Adrian Weckler, Technology Editor - Irish Independent, Sunday Independent.
- John O’Shea, Deputy Data Protection Commissioner
- Dr Eoin O’Dell, Associate Professor of Law, Trinity College Dublin
- Dr Carey Lening, Castlebridge
Data Protection and IT Security clinic for students and staff: 2 – 3pm
Online consultancy clinic hosted by Trinity IT Services and the Data Protection Office. Please come along if you have any queries in relation to data protection, IT security and privacy.
- Sara McAneney, IT Security Manager
- Amir Bijedic, IT Security Specialist
- Imelda O’Keeffe, GDPR Project Executive
- Evelyn Fox, Deputy DPO (Research)
- John Eustace, DPO
Debate: 5 – 6pm
Debate hosted by the College Historical Society. The motion is: 'This House would make Contact Tracing Apps Mandatory'.
All are welcome to attend. Guest speakers to be confirmed.