Module Code: ECU44202/ECU44204
Module Name: International Macroeconomics
- ECTS weighting: 10/5
- Semester/term taught: Semester 2
- Contact Hours: 22 hours of lectures and 4 hours of tutorials
- Module Personnel: Lecturer – Professor Agustin Benetrix
*Please note that the assessment details for modules are provisional at the moment. These will be updated to reflect assessment patterns for 2021/22 shortly
- Learning Outcomes: knowledge of international macroeconomic models
- analytical skill in the evaluation of international macroeconomic policies
- capability in the interpretation of international macroeconomic data
Module Learning Aims
This module provides a comprehensive treatment of the field of international macroeconomics. This is one of the classical subjects in economics and is an attractive module choice for senior sophister students that wish to develop analytical skills for interpreting a wide set of issues in international macroeconomics. The module provides a survey of all the main topics in international macroeconomics, supplemented by applications to key contemporary policy issues.
This module will cover the balance of payments, international capital flows and exchange rate determination. In addition, it will analyse macroeconomic policies for open economies; exchange rate regimes; sovereign debt; currency and financial crises; and global interdependence.
Recommended Reading List
Rob Feenstra and Alan M. Taylor, International Economics, Worth publishers.
Module Pre Requisite
SF Intermediate Economics
10 ECTS: 50% final exam + 50% research paper 5 ECTS: final exam 100%