Spring Week Bursary
Trinity Alumni Spring Week Internship Bursary
The Trinity Alumni Spring Week Internship Bursary was initiated in 2016 to support costs for talented undergraduate students who secure Spring Week internships with leading professional services firms in London. This bursary is open to Senior Fresh students of any discipline and is financed by two Trinity alumni donors.
Eligibility and Bursary details
Students in their Senior Fresh year in any discipline who successfully secure a 2019 Spring Week internship with a professional services firm in London may be eligible. Last year our bursary recipients completed internships with Barclays, Citi, Deloitte, Morgan Stanley and UBS. Please note that company internship deadlines can be quite early e.g. December.
All of the Spring Week internship vacancies are advertised on MyCareer - Opportunities - Spring Internship Programme.
Each bursary recipient will receive €1,000 to cover items such as accommodation/transport/meals in London for the week.
Assessment and selection
- You must successfully secure a spring week internship on your own merit and provide the Careers Service with evidence of the internship offer.
- If you have done this, you then complete an application essay (max. 500 words) outlining why you should be offered the bursary.
- Essays are shortlisted by Careers and our donors make the final selection of bursary recipients.
- Students must complete their spring week internship and provide the Careers Service with evidence of such.
- Bursary recipients are required to write a short (max. 350 words) reflective essay after their experience.
- Bursary recipients may be required to attend an informal ceremony before the end of the academic year in 2019.
Applications and where to find out more
You can express your interest in this bursary by completing an ‘expression of interest’ form on MyCareer. Expressions of interest are open until Friday, 15th February 2019. As this deadline has now passed, those of you who have secured a spring week internship should now be uploading proof of your offer. If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com.
There is an information session taking place on November 28th at 6pm in Room 4050A, Arts Building.
Bursary award timeline
|September to January 2018-19||Companies advertise Spring Week opportunities|
|Friday, 2nd November 2018||Expressions of interest open|
|Wednesday, 28th November
6.00pm, Rm 4050A Arts Building
|Friday, 15th February 2019||Deadline for expressions of interest|
|Friday, 15th March 2019||Deadline for application essays|
|c. April 2019||Spring Week Internships take place|
|Trinity Week w/c 29th April 2019 tbc||Prize giving ceremony|
If you have any questions about the award after reading the above material, you can send them by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply as soon as possible.
You should also engage with Trinity Careers Service on social media for updates on this bursary and other activities.