Trinity Alumni Spring Week Internship Bursary
The Trinity Alumni Spring Week Internship Bursary was created in 2016 to support costs for talented undergraduate students who secure Spring Week internships with leading professional services firms. This bursary is open to Senior Fresh students of any discipline and is financed by Trinity alumni donors.
Eligibility and Bursary details
Students in their Senior Fresh year in any discipline who successfully secure a Spring Week internship with a professional services firm or equivalent may be eligible. Last year our bursary recipients completed internships with Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, Deutsche Bank, and the Guardian. Please note that company internship deadlines can be as early as November.
All of the Spring Week internship vacancies are advertised on MyCareer. You can log in and navigate to Opportunities - Spring Internship Programme.
Each bursary recipient will receive €1,000 to cover items such as accommodation/transport/meals for the week.
Assessment and selection
- You must successfully secure a spring week internship on your own merit and provide the Careers Service with evidence of the internship offer
- If you have done this, you then complete an application essay (max. 500 words) outlining why you should be offered the bursary
- Students must complete their spring week internship and provide the Careers Service with evidence of their attendance
- Essays are shortlisted to make the final selection of bursary recipients
- Bursary recipients are required to write a short (max. 350 words) reflective essay after their experience
- Bursary recipients are expected to attend an informal ceremony before the end of the academic year
Applications and where to find out more
You can express your interest in this bursary by completing an ‘expression of interest’ form on MyCareer.
Bursary award timeline (indicative)
|July to January||Companies advertise Spring Week opportunities|
|Semester 1||Expressions of interest open|
|Mid-February||Deadline for expressions of interest|
|Beginning of March||Deadline for upload of offers|
|Mid-March||Deadline for application essays|
|April||Spring Week internships take place|
|April/May||Winners announced and Bursary award event|
If you have any questions about the Bursary after reading the above material, you can send them by email to email@example.com and we will reply as soon as possible.
You should also engage with Trinity Careers Service on social media for updates on this bursary and other activities.