Provost's Teaching Awards 2018-19
The Provost’s Teaching Awards seek to reward colleagues who have made an outstanding contribution in the pursuit of teaching excellence. The prestige of the award reflects the value that Trinity places on promoting teaching as a scholarly activity and the importance placed on enriching the learning opportunities of its students. The scope of the initiative is broad, covering all aspects of teaching, learning and assessment, and seeks to:
- Provide recognition for outstanding teaching
- Share best practice across College and encourage teaching staff to consider other approaches to course design, delivery and assessment
- Reaffirm that curriculum development, teaching, learning, assessment and evaluation, are important activities in College requiring high level expertise
- Encourage teaching staff to reflect critically on their teaching practice
The scheme is in two parts: nominated candidates are invited to submit an application form and two peer review reports; short-listed candidates proceeding to the final stage are asked to submit a short 20-minute teaching activity of their choice, which has been filmed. This process encourages critical reflection on teaching practice.
All members of Trinity academic staff, including support staff in teaching roles, are eligible for nomination. However, candidates must be on permanent contracts, indefinite duration contracts, or contracts of more than one year in duration that do not expire before April 2019.
This year's award process will be announced in early November 2019.
- Guidelines 2018-19 (available shortly)
- Teaching Excellence Application Form 2018-19 (available shortly)
- Peer Review Forms 2018-19 (available shortly)
- Preparing your Teaching Excellence Application Form 2018-19 (available shortly)