Online Tests and Quizzes
On this page:
You can support assessment practices with your students using frequent, low-stakes online tests in Blackboard. You can create a quiz with questions - such as multiple choice or fill in the blank - that are graded automatically or you can create a test which includes short answer questions which you can grade manually. You can then analyse the results of a test to get detailed statistics which you can use to identify issues with students' understanding which you can address in your tutorials and lectures.
Benefits for Teaching & Learning
You can use online tests in Blackboard to:
- Create continuous assessment opportunities
- Provide students with detailed formative feedback on their responses
- Build a pool of questions which you can reuse across your modules
- Support academic integrity by randomising questions
- Analyse results to identify gaps in student learning
There are four stages to using online tests in Blackboard. Click on the links below to view quick guides with the eLearning team's recommended settings for each stage. More detailed guides are available in the Additional Resources section.
Below are additional resources on the different features and settings of online tests in Blackboard.