FOR ALL QUERIES RELATING TO BLACKBOARD PLEASE CONTACT IT SERVICES
Journals in Blackboard
On this page:
Journals allow students to write about and reflect on their experiences, prior and current. As a lecturer you can set up journals for your students in Blackboard, view students' journals and provide comments on their posts. The journal can also be used to set up activities for assessment and associate rubrics to assist in the grading process.
You can use online journals to:
- Create a secure place for students to post their reflective entries
- Incorporate videos, links resources and images into your instructions for students
- Comment on students' entries
- Use rubrics to both grade and set expectations about how students should engage in the reflective process
- Manage the release of feedback to students
There are four stages to using online journals. Click on the links below to view quick guides with the eLearning team's recommended settings for each stage of a reflective journal. More detailed guides are available in the Additional Resources section.
The guide below provides an overview of using journals for reflection and some example quotations and reflective models to help you get started.
Below are additional resources for staff who require further details on the different features and settings of online journals in Blackboard.