Getting information ready for new students
Ensuring clarity and embedding inclusive practices into admissions and pre registration procedures ensures that prospective students:
- have a positive first impression of the institution,
- know how to proceed through the application process, leading to higher recruitment numbers,
- can make informed choices when choosing a programme of study, leading to higher retention rates.
Guidelines for Inclusive Pre-Admission processes
Ensure all materials:
- are available externally (if online).
- follow the College Accessibility Policy.
- give clear, unambiguous and accurate information to students.
- are updated frequently
- are available to students in different formats (including print and electronic),
- are available as early as possible.
For further details see Pre-admission information.
- all pre-requisites are necessary to the successful completion of the course
- all pre requisites are clearly signposted in your materials for prospective students,
- prospective students know what is expected of them.
- application forms are clear, easy to access, and accessible to complete.
When Interviewing applicants:
- consider any additional needs for applicants in advance.
- ask prospective students if they have any particular requirements.
- hold interviews in accessible rooms where applicable.
- ensure there is timely notice of the time and location of interviews.
- advise prospective students of materials to be brought to interviews in good time.
- if the interview will involve a presentation, ensure all information is circulated in good time.
For further details see the Application process.
Take time to complete a brief self-evaluation of your:
- pre-admission processes (5 questions)