Mission & Vision
WiSER's mission is to develop sustainable practices to ensure that women's scientific expertise, knowledge and potential are recognised and harnessed to fully contribute to a diverse, innovative and productive scientific community of global consequence.
An inclusive and innovative research community in which women and men participate fully at all levels and are recognised equally for their contributions.
To realise our mission , we aim to:
- Monitor and report annually on the position of male and female researchers in the science, engineering and technology (SET) disciplines.
- Increase the retention of women by providing direct support to women researchers and academics in science and engineering
- Encourage the provision of an environment in which highly-skilled women scientists have access to the opportunities and support necessary to advance to senior and decision-making positions
- Create a sense of community within the workplace and the field as a whole by facilitating networking amongst the vibrant population of scientists
- Stimulate institutional and cultural change in order to create a more gender-balanced and innovative working environment