Undergraduate Studies Committee
The Undergraduate Studies Committee (USC) is an academic committee of the University Council. It is chaired by the Senior Lecturer/Dean of Undergraduate Studies, and may join with other committees, as appropriate, to advise on wider matters of academic practice and policy.
The Undergraduate Studies Committee shall meet on at least six occasions per academic year. Papers will be circulated three working days in advance. The quorum for the meeting will be one-third of the membership, plus one.
- Senior Lecturer/Dean of Undergraduate Studies (Chair)
- Academic Secretary (or nominee)
- Directors of Teaching and Learning (Undergraduate)
- Course Directors (TSM, BESS and Science)
- Dean of Students
- Senior Tutor
- Education Officer, Students' Union
- Student representative
- Library representative
- Secretary (in attendance)
Membership shall be extended to allow for expertise or sharing of information on specific agenda items, in particular to include representation from Trinity Access 21 and the Centre for Academic Practice and eLearning.
Substitution of members is not allowed.