Business Analysis and System Support
The SAS (Student Administration System) User Support Unit provides business analysis and systems support in relation to academic administration. It is responsible for the configuration of the College student administration system, the timetabling system and the Postgraduate Application System.
The Unit consists of a team of business analysts that liaises regularly with systems users and the Management Information Systems Group within IS Services.
The Unit provides a business analysis service in respect of academic administration and supports College in fulfilling its reporting obligations to statutory bodies. It also provides, in conjunction with IS Services, management information reports for College.
The business analysis services provided include:
- The provision of training and support in the use of the College timetabling, room booking and examinations system – Facility CMIS
- The provision of demonstrations and support in the use of the Postgraduate Application System (PAC)
- Ensuring that the business process requirements arising all fully interpreted and implemented
- Software configuration
- Testing of software solutions, e.g. the Diploma Supplement solution
- Specification and testing of changes that need to be made to other systems
- Report specification relating to course structure
- Analysis of and streamlining business processes
- The provision of localised software solutions using SQL and MS Access
- Testing and user training in relation to MIS projects, e.g. ExamR
- Assistance with ad hoc statistical queries
- Advising on IT related issues as required
- Co-ordination of the Office of the Vice Provost website maintenance
The unit provides support to offices within the Office of the Vice Provost in respect of any other computer systems related issues.
The SAS User Support Unit will play a key role in the procurement and implementation of a new student administration system.