Science Safaris: The Trinity Trail
The numbered entries, eg , correspond to the stops on the map; each title corresponds to the podcast track title and number;
Below is a short summary for each stop, and a link to the relevant podcast track, or get the full podcast here (ZIP, 66mB).
- 00. Introduction
- 01. Front Square: The Trinity Trail
- 02. Campanile: The date of Creation 4004 BC
- 03. Front Square: The Salmon of Knowledge
- 04. Berkeley Library: The man who challenged Isaac Newton about nothing!
- 05a. Museum Building: A Mythical Beast, and a gem in an attic
05b. Museum Building: The humane hangman’s drop, and early colour photography
- 06. Path to east end: Ireland’s greatest scientist
- 07. Moyne Institute: The weird sex life of bacteria
- 08. Parsons Building: The engine that revolutionised the 20th century
- 09. Smurfit Institute: Where did prehistoric cows come from?
- 10. Chemistry: Perfumes, poteen, petroleum, and world’s first nicotine patch
- 11. FitzGerald Building: The man who split the atom
- 12. SNIAM: Beer, bubbles, buildings . . . and physics
- 13. Botany: How do tall trees drink?
- 14. Parade Ground: Leprosy, malaria and the science of your brain